How To Keep Ants Out Of Your Aurora Home
April 15, 2023
Aurora homeowners are no strangers to ants. Ants are one of the most consistently encountered pests in the area. Ants are well adapted for survival in the wild. They reproduce quickly, explore every aspect of their environment, and build their colonies in out-of-the-way places that are hard to reach. Once ants find their way into your house, they often decide to stay.
If ants have taken up residence in your home, D&K Pest Control can help you get them back out. Call us today and let us be your Aurora pest control experts. We know effective ant control.
How To Identify The Type Of Ant Infesting Your Home
Effective ant control in part depends on understanding the signs of an ant infestation.
Here are some of the ways you can tell if you might have an ant problem:
- Carpenter ants: Large ants that prefer to build their colonies around wood. They are reddish black and large, up to ? inch in size.
- Pharoah ant: Pharoah ants are approximately ¼ inch in size and are typically found near areas of persistent wetness.
- Crazy ants: Approximately ? inch in size, these ants get their name from the fast, erratic way they run.
- Pavement ants: Pavement ants are approximately ? inch in size, a dark brown or black in color. They tend to build their colonies in cracks in pavement or concrete.
Many different types of ants in Aurora may visit your home, but only one company you need to contact to get rid of them. D&K Pest Control can help you with ant control in your house. Contact us today for help.
An Ant Infestation Can Be More Than Just A Nuisance
Ants can be extraordinary nuisances. They can situate their colonies in hard-to-reach places and can resist DIY pest control efforts. Despite your best efforts, ants can return again and again, and your frustration will grow. Beyond just being pests, however, ants can introduce real problems into your home. Ants can potentially contaminate stored food, introducing you to health risks. Ants can chew on wires, potentially causing damage that can be expensive to repair. Carpenter ants can cause extensive damage to the wooden structures of your home. Ants are associated with causing allergies among susceptible individuals. Pharoah ants can damage air conditioning units and plumbing systems.
If you need to know how to get rid of ants in the kitchen or anywhere else, make a call to D&K Pest Control. Our technicians have extensive history dealing with ant infestations, and we pride ourselves on our history of success.
Four Easy And Effective Ant Prevention Tips
Ant control in Aurora is critical given that ants can cause a lot of problems around your home, and it is better to avoid an ant infestation than to have to treat it.
Here are some ways to reduce your chances of having to deal with ants:
- Seal outside garbage: Seal garbage well to avoid attracting ants.
- Seal your home: Ants will exploit openings in your home to gain entry.
- Seal food: Ants can easily get into loosely sealed food containers.
- Keep a clean home: Dirty counters and floors can be enticing to ants.
If you are struggling with ants in your Aurora home, D&K Pest Control can help. Get in contact with us today because we know how to get rid of ants.
Total Ant Control For Aurora Homes
Ants have all the skills and abilities they need to easily make their way into your home. Once inside they can be difficult to remove using DIY pest control efforts. Instead of struggling to do it on your own, call D&K Pest Control for help and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Aurora. We offer the best ant control solutions, and we can help you with any ant problem.
Very professional. Thank you D&K Wildlife.